Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Australia's military loses (destroys) its UFO Files ? - write to your local members

As an Australian i was shocked like many other to hear the news that our countries military has declared its "lost" (or likely destroyed) our most important Ufo files. This is totally unacceptable and a complete and thorough invesgitation must be held into this. Australia is well known now as a "nanny state" but actions like this our government are unacceptable - the public deserve to know more about Ufo reports which have occurred over the decades.

In a time when governments all around the world including instutions like the Uk MOD, the CIA & France's GEIPAN are releasing ufo files to the public Australia simply says - "we've lost or purposely destroyed them"!.

Im calling upon all readers to realufos (especially the aussies) to write to write to your local parliment members , to our heads of state and to our minsters of defence to "please explain" this and provide further information on this completely unacceptable situation.


The department of defence has been unable to find a host of records relating to UFO sightings that were collected over several decades.

The disappearance of the documents came to light when the military received a freedom of information (FOI) request from the Sydney Morning Herald Newspaper asking for any documents that mentioned sightings of UFOs or “extraterrestrial organisms” in Australia.

The request came after the British government released a dossier of thousands of documents relating to unidentified flying objects.
However, after two months of searching the relevant archives, the department said that the documents could not be found.
A spokesman said it was likely that some of the files had been destroyed.

“Our office examined past FOI requests which related to UFOs and discovered that many of the files had been destroyed, as is normal administrative procedure,” it said in a statement.

Australia’s military decided to stop taking UFO sighting reports in late 2000, asking members of the public to report incidents to police instead.
UFO experts in Australia believe that the military knowingly shredded the documents.

Bill Chalker, author of The Oz File
s, said that in 2003 eight years-worth of documents relating to UFO sightings were destroyed — not to cover up a shocking discovery of alien life, but as part of department “housekeeping”.

“But it does seem strange that Australia would be destroying these files while England and America was putting theirs online and making them public,” he said.
Article Source

"The files could not be located and Headquarters Air Command formally advised that this file is deemed lost," the department's FOI assistant director, Natalie Carpenter, told the paper. Defense officials could not be contacted by Reuters.

The only file Defense had been able to locate was a folder called: "Report on UFOs/Strange Occurrences and Phenomena in Woomera," a military weapons testing range in the center of Australia's vast outback, Carpenter said.

All other files had been lost or destroyed, which the Herald said could fuel conspiracy theories about their disappearance.

Rate this posting:


Anonymous said...

Obviously something to hide. The usual story the people of the world can't handle the truth.

Anonymous said...

Are we Surprised, when you think about it:.. "Pine Gap"!?

A rest Resort for the ETs; and a HOLE lot more!?

No! not surprised!!

Product Reviews said...

What a disgrace! Im an aussies and i think there may be more to this, but then again who knows.

Anonymous said...

Thats a very good Question!
Who knows!!...someone does!?
More than just a few!?

Keith Basterfield said...

The Australian UFO Research Association, mentioned in this story, located, examined and documented these files, at

For more Australian material go to

Keith Basterfield

Keep Reading - Click 'Older Posts' above to read more posts  >>